The CCNT (Certified in Convergent Network Technologies) certificate program is a broad, knowledge-based introduction to core terms, concepts and skills in convergence technologies. The program was developed by Certification Partners and the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) for entry-level convergence professionals to prove their proficiency in integrated data, voice and video technologies.
CCNT Target Audience
Earning the CCNT certificate validates the core knowledge required to sell and support convergence services. The CCNT program provides the basic skills required by the following job roles:
- Technical Sales and Support Engineers
- Network Administrators and Engineers
- Product Managers and Engineers
CCNT Exam Details
The CCNT certificate exam is an unproctored, open-book exam consisting of approximately 450 questions in six separate online tests. Each test is taken independently, allowing the learner to prepare for one test at a time. The test assessor allows each candidate up to three attempts to pass each test, section by section. Students who successfully complete the six-module test will receive a CCNT credential certificate.
CCNT Exam Objectives
To obtain this industry-valued credential, an individual must pass six competency tests in the following disciplines:
- Basic Telecommunications – explores analog and digital concepts, and introduces telecommunications fundamentals such as networks, business communications systems, signaling, Internet telephony and switching.
- Basic Data Communications – builds a student's knowledge of related software and hardware. This module introduces the technology of network architecture, packet switching, fiber optics, data communication channels and data communication devices.
- Computer Telephone Integration (CTI) Essentials – introduces the dynamics of connecting a computer to a telephone system for routing calls through switches. This program also teaches the technology of applications, architecture and system development.
- Local Area Networks (LANs) – develops critical understanding of the concepts and technology of LAN topologies, information transfer, transmission techniques, media standards and network management.
- Broadband Technologies – discusses the need for transmitting multiple signal types simultaneously by way of divided channels, and then explores the technology of voice and data integration, frame relay, SONET, ATM/cell relay, SMDS, BISDN, DSL and VPN.
- Voice over IP (VoIP) Essentials – teaches the principles of transmitting voice calls and fax over the Internet, and explores VoIP networks, bandwidth compression, the gateway, packet prioritization, RSVP, H.320 and H.323, and WAN engineering issues.
CCNT Exam Preparation
Candidates have multiple learning options for CCNT preparation:
- CCNT Instructor-Led Courses – available at local training centers and community colleges. For more information, contact us online or call a Sales Representative at (800)-228-1027.
- CCNT E-Learning – Web-based (WBT) and CD-based (CBT) learning materials available at the CCNT Store.
- CCNT Courseware – printed student and instructor materials available at the CCNT Store.
- CCNT Test Vouchers – single and bundled packages available at the CCNT Store.
Want to see the differences between CTP+ and CCNT? Click here